2.11.2010

Kids Say/Do the Darnest Things...

Teaching piano has brought so many days of
laughter, smiles, and joy to my life.
Recently I have been writing down things my students say or do.
Either because it is hilarious or adorable or a mixture of both.
So randomly I will be posting things my students say.
I have quite a few for this post.
I have been saving them up.
Readers...get ready for a little laugh.

First Student: Lacey (6)
Lacey and I started to talk about the Jonas Brothers for some reason.
Here is how our conversation went...
Lacey: "I am not allowed to watch the Jonas Brothers because
there is kissing in it."
Me: "That's okay. Kissing is gross."
(trying to reassure her that it is not something she needs to see/do right now.)
Lacey: "NOOO! Kissing is GOOD!"
Our conversation went on...
Lacey: "But, I am allowed to watch Hannah Montana."
Me: "Oh yeah? Do you like her?"
Lacey: "Yeah! She is probably the cutest girl on earth."

Second Student: Lauren (8)
About a year ago there was a song called "My Fifth" in Laurens book.
There was a cartoon looking picture (kinda like this one) of Beethoven.
Lauren: "Who is that?"
Me: "That is Beethoven. A famous piano composer."
Lauren: "I think my mom is as old as him."
Me: (laughing) "Oh no sweetheart! He is very old. He is actually dead."
Lauren: "Oh. Well if he would've eaten his fruits and his vegetables
and didn't tell lies-he would still be alive. Because....
Jesus is coming."
At Lauren's last lesson, she was going crazy.
Maybe its because it was her birthday.
Here are two things she said...

Lauren: "Geez...you're such a disease!"

Me: "Who keeps calling your house?"
Lauren: "MY BUTT!"


Third Student: Hannah (15)
I was trying to teach Hannah how to remember the notes in both clefs.
So I was teaching her...
Treble clef space notes spell: FACE
Treble clef line notes spell: Every Good Boy Does Fine
Bass clef line notes spell: Good Boys Do Fine Always
Bass clef space notes spell: All Cows Eat Grass
Instead Hannah wanted to change the bass clef space notes to...
ALL CATS EAT GRAPES!!
She found this HILARIOUS and she was laughing for 5 minutes.
Which got me laughing.
What an interesting lesson that was.

The last one I am going to share is from
Hannah and her two sisters Sydnee (12) and Kelly (9).
They have a lot of squirrels that run by on the wall outside of their house.
Every time they see when run by they scream "SQUIRREL" and run outside.
So one day I was playing a song for the girls,
and then I stopped and turned to tell them something.
I got a quick look of a squirrel running outside and I yelled...
"SQUIRREL! SQUIRREL! SQUIRREL!"
And what do you know...
they go running outside.
This makes my day every time it happens.

I absolutely love all of my students.
They all have a special place in my heart.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment