7.11.2011

SURPRISE!!

WARNING!! LONG POST AHEAD!!

My weekend went a little bit different than I had expected.
Friday was the same and half of Saturday.
But there was a slight change to Saturday and Sunday.
Let me inform you how this all went.
It is good. One of those "Ahhhhh!" moments.

The past three years, Blake and I have not
been able to spend my birthday (or his) together.
All I wanted was to spend mine with him this year.
And when I told him that he said:
"I'll see what I can do."
I mentioned it a second time and he said:
"I don't know if it is going to work out.
But, we will be able to spend a lot more together."
So, I kept wishing he could come up here,
or that I could come home to see him and my family.
I knew it wasn't going to happen, so I gave up.

On Saturday morning, I woke up at about 8:30,
and texted Blake "Goodmorning."
He responded about an hour later.
He told me that he was working.
I found it odd that he was working on a Saturday,
but he said he is going in to work when he can on Saturdays.
He told me he would be working until about 2 or 3,
and I told him I would call him after I got off at 5.
So, this whole time I am thinking he is at work back in California.
After work, I called him.
Oh!! I just love talking to him. He makes me so happy.
Anyways, he asked me what my plans were for the rest of the night.
And for about the third time that week, I told him I was going to dinner with Jenny.
(Or JEN---that is for you mom.)
On my drive home he asked me where I was at.
And in my head I was thinking why do you need to know that?
It's not like you are here.
So, I told him when I parked.
I walked up my stairs, still talking to him.
There was an envelope with a card inside, just sitting outside my door.
I picked it up wondering who it was from.
I opened my door, and what do you know....
BLAKE WAS SITTING ON MY COUCH
watching some Harry Potter.
I stood outside my door all confused/surprised/happy.
I was shaking.
I think I said something like:
"OH. MY. GOODNESS!!
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"
I couldn't believe it.
I felt like I was in a dream.
A really good dream.
(I wish I could come home to him sitting on my couch EVERYDAY.)

After the huge surprise...
Blake took me to the Spaghetti Factory.
I love that place.
He knew I had been dying to sit in the trolly and have dinner.
So what did he do?
He asked to sit in the trolly.
After dinner we came back to my place and just relaxed.
It was so nice.
We tried to watch The Counte of Monte Cristo,
but my DVD player decides that it wants to be broken.
So we watched the Harry Potter movies on ABC Family.

On Sunday, we went to church,
and then went on a drive through the Provo Canyon.
We stopped off at a trail, and went for a walk.
But, instead of taking the trail,
we walked on the railroad tracks.
(Yeah, risky. I know.)
Then, it was time for dinner at Heidi & Stevens.
Mango Chicken Salsa.
Red Potatoes.
Salad.
Watermelon.
Brownies.
OH! It was so delicious.
(Thanks Heidi & Steven.)

After such a great weekend,
today was the day Blake had to leave AGAIN!
(This is the third time in the past like month.
Please no more Blake.
Okay, I guess one more in like 2 weeks.)
We relaxed and watched some Family Feud
and Batman for a couple of hours before he had to go.
It is still hard to say goodbye to him.

Some pictures from our drive through the canyon:
{Isn't he just so good looking?}
{I was told to stand by these huge&pretty flowers.}
{Ahhh, I love him.}
{"It's my birthday!!"}
{Just a fake jump, no worries.
I would never ever let him do that.}
--------------------------------------
I am THE luckiest girl.
I have such a wonderful boyfriend.
One who loves me enough to drive 10 hours
to spend my birthday with me.
He made me the happiest girl ever.
Thank you so much, B.
I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment