5.16.2011

Oh Don't Mind Me...

Heidi and Stevens wedding was beautiful.
I will blog about that later when I have more time.
(Still busy.)
Let me just explain a little something that happened
during the Ring Ceremony.
The Ring Ceremony took place at the Olds new home,
where the reception was.
My bishop, here in Provo, came down to perform the
Ring Ceremony.
It was beautiful...he explained things very well for those
who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Katie&Kyle wrote a song for Heidi&Steven.
And then...about 20-25 minutes into the ceremony,
I started to feel nauseous.
I tried to suck it up for about a minute,
until I knew I wasn't going to make it through.
I started to feel light headed.
I whispered to Erin:
"I don't feel good."
She didn't hear me the first time.
About 10 seconds later I whispered again:
"I really don't feel good."
Erin told me to take off my (4") heels.
So I did just that.
Then she told me to hold on to her.
Everything started to slowly turn black.
She looked at me,
grabbed me just about as I was going to collapse to the ground.
She walked me out of the ceremony.
She said I looked pale.
Mike followed.
Along with my aunt and the one who owns the house.
We unzipped my dress, got me upstairs
(took the elevator), drank some water,
and I laid down on a blow-up mattress.
My aunt is a nurse so she checked me out.
Everything was fine.
We don't know what happened.
Probably just wear high heels,
not being able to take deep breaths in the dress,
and just standing for a long time.
No...my knees were not locked.
I have learned my lesson before about that,
so I never ever lock my knees when standing.
I felt so bad that I had to leave the ceremony,
but it was much better than fainting in the middle of it.

Pictures to come from the wedding...

Peace&Blessings.

1 comment: