1.05.2011

this is about my first two days in provo and im sorry if its boring

I was so sad after Mom Dad and Maelen left me stranded in Provo yesterday.
{okay not really stranded}
It was then that I realized...I am really on my own.
It kept feeling like a dream to me that I was moving to Provo.
And that dream came true.
Now that I am here--it is time to find myself a job.
I have never done this before.
I had the privilege of teaching piano from 6 years.
That was honestly the coolest job I have had.
{oh wait...it is the only job I have had-other than babysitting}
{Side note: one of my dear piano students emailed me yesterday to see how I was doing. How precious is that? Ahhh I miss my students. But they are now in good hands.}
Yesterday I searched online for some jobs.
Today I went in to Pier 1 Imports and filled out an application.
I made copies of my résumé and letters of recommendation.

Yesterday was day one of my class.
I am taking a religion class on Marriage and Family.
This class is going to be fun.
There are 5 of us in the class right now.
So we will all become close.
My teacher is entertaining, fun, smart(obviously), and of course spiritual.
Today I picked up the book we are required to have.
After blogging I am going to start reading.
Is it weird to say I am excited to read?
Because I am. And I don't usually get excited to read.
I am really looking forward to this class.

After my parents and Maelen left yesterday, it was hard for me.
It was at that moment that they drove away that I realized...
I am now on my own.
I have had to remind myself many many times over these past two days that:
1. I have family who loves me and supports me
2. I have friends who are there for me when I need them
3. I have a loving Heavenly Father. He knows me. He knows my weaknesses and my strengths.
He is always there for me. He is watching out for me. And he is comforting me when I need him most.
These three things have helped me get through these past couples days.
They are just constant reminders.
I have the best family and friends.
I am grateful for this opportunity that I have to live on my own.
I am looking forward to learning more about myself.
I am truly grateful for my sister Heidi and that I have her living right above me.
I would say I am quite lucky to have her here.
And I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father.

As always...it is never a blog without pictures.
Here are some of my favs...

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment