3.20.2012

6th grade...all over again!

Yesterday I started my field work experience in a 6th grade classroom.
My partner and I were very excited, but slightly nervous.
We didn't quite know what to expect.
We had seen our students and met with our teacher beforehand,
and half of the students were our height.
I mean talk about scary!!
We were slightly intimidated because we don't want them
to just walk all over us.
But, seriously, yesterday went so great!!
Basically, the kids just love us.
The students are great!!
These 6th graders are friendly, smart, and fun.
We got so lucky!!
My partner and I are teaching our first lesson on Thursday.
We will be teaching about some of the important people of the Renaissance.
Wish us luck because we will need it.
Lets face it though....the students probably already know more than us!
haha....so sad!

I have to tell one story.
Today I was reading their short paragraphs that they wrote on:
If a mailman brought me a package, what would I want it to be?
Some of these kids got creative.
One of my favorites was about a girl who wrote about a package
that was on her doorstep. When she opened it, nothing was there.
So she made a wish and tried again.
"I wished for plan tickets to every country in the world (except for
North Korea, Afghanistan, and those kind of places). Then I
opened the box *Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah*
that was music in the background and I was moving in slow motion.
I opened it and there was nothing in the box.
This girl is seriously hilarious.
My partner and I were laughing so hard.

More funny stories to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment