12.06.2011

Thanksgiving Break.

So I am a little late on blogging about my Thanksgiving break
(and before you know it, i'll be blogging about my Christmas break).
So here is how my break went.

I arrived in the {early} afternoon on Wednesday.
My Mom, Dana, and Grandpa picked me up.
We had some lunch and went for a nice walk.
Later that evening I went to a friends wedding reception.
[It was beautiful]

Thanksgiving Day!!
Dana and I helped my mom with the baking and cooking.
[We had Thanksgiving at our place this year]
I made {my famous} French Apple and Cherry Pies.
[Of which I had NONE of]
Later the family came over and we stuffed ourselves with
all of the delicious food.
Then it was just time to relax.

On Friday I went down to San Clemente with Blake and his family.
It was a fun time to hang out with all his cousins, aunts, and uncles.
I went and did a little shopping at Target with the girls.
[And got nothing.... surprise surprise.]
When we got back, we went to dinner with my family at
Claim Jumper and then watched a movie at home.
[And, of course, I fell asleep.]
Then it was time for games with Blakes family.
[Monopoly until 4 am....I fell asleep, Again.]

Saturday we took a family bike ride down to the beach.
[75 degree weather]
It was such a nice bike ride.
Came back to the house for lunch and to relax.
Then we were back to Blakes house.
More relaxing and hanging out.

Sunday I got to see Erin and Mike.
We went to church.
And the Seacliff and Pierside wards were combined.
Came home and made dinner with Dana.
After dinner, Dana and I went over to the Dahls.
I gave them their birthday/Christmas gifts.
[I made each of them a plate with their name on it.
They absolutely loved them.]

Monday morning was spent decorating the house for Christmas.
And then lunch with Mom, Dana, and Erin at Corner Bakery.
Before my flight, I went and said goodbye to my Dad at work.
Then it was time to head back home.

I sure do miss my family.
I can hardly wait to go home for Christmas.
I get to spend 2 weeks at home with family.

Alright.....here are some pictures from home:

{Dad and Don watching "Punkin Chunkin"}
{This is Blakes cousin, Noah, as Darth Vader}
{Dinner at Claim Jumper}
{Anxiously awaiting our food}

{Ahhhhh....so cute.}
{Playing UNO with the kids.}
{Christmas Stockings.}
{This is my favorite.
When Blake picked me up from the airport,
he had this waiting for me.
Isn't he such a sweetheart?
I think so.}


No comments:

Post a Comment